About Dr. Kim
Dong Kim, DPM, FACFAS, is Board Certified podiatrist at Landmark Foot and Ankle Center, located in Alexandria, Virginia.
Dr. Kim graduated from Penn State University in 2006 with a dual degree in Kinesiology and Economics. He went on to graduate from the Temple University of Podiatric Medicine in 2011. During his schooling, he was a part of several research teams including the Gait Lab at Penn State, the Gait Lab at Temple University, and the Biomechanics lab at the University of Southern California School of Physical Therapy. He worked on research looking at Adult Acquired Flatfoot, orthotics in women in the military, and prevention of stress fractures.
Dr. Kim then went onto residency training at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus and completed a 3-year Forefoot and Reconstructive Ankle and Rearfoot Surgical residency. He received extensive training in forefoot and rearfoot surgery, arthroscopy, diabetic limb salvage, foot and ankle trauma, external fixation, and plastic surgery. He served as Chief resident for the Podiatric Surgery team as well as Chief resident for the Georgetown Limb Salvage team. He was also fortunate to have spent time in Tuba City, Arizona on a Native American Reservation performing foot and ankle surgery with an emphasis on trauma.
Currently, Dr. Kim is an attending physician for the Inova Fairfax Podiatric Residency program. He is a part of the Mt. Vernon and Fairfax Wound Healing Centers where he treats all forms of lower extremity wounds. He has a special interest in diabetic limb salvage, foot and ankle trauma, and minimally invasive surgery. He strives to stay current on the latest technologies and research to be able to give his patients the best possible outcomes.
Currently, Dr. Kim resides in Falls Church, Virginia, with his wife and son. They are both big Philadelphia and Penn State sports fans. Dr. Kim feels honored to be able to help people achieve a better quality of life.
- Landmark Foot and Ankle Center, PC
- July 1, 2014- Present
- INOVA Alexandria Hospital (4320 Seminary Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304)
- INOVA Mount Vernon Hospital (2501 Parkers Ln, Alexandria, VA 22306)
- Habor Heights Surgical Center (125 Potomac Passage #200, Oxon Hill, MD 20745)
- Landmark Foot and Ankle Center (5249 Duke Street, Suite 212, Alexandria Va 22304)
- INOVA Wound Center (Mount Vernon Hospital)
- INOVA Wound Center (Fairfax Hospital)
- Adult Daycare Center (5300 Shawnee Road, Suite 101, Alexandria Va 22312)
- Residency: INOVA Fairfax Medical Campus - 2011- 2014 Falls Church, VA
- PM&S 36 Credentials in Podiatric Surgery with added credentials in reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery
- Graduate: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, 2007-2011, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Undergraduate: Pennsylvania State University, 2002 - 2006, University Park, PA
- BS Kinesiology, BA Economics
- Chief Resident of INOVA Fairfax Podiatric Surgery Residency Program.
- Chief Resident of Limb Salvage team at Georgetown University Hospital Plastic Surgery and Limb Salvage Center.
- Resident at Indian Health Services in Tuba City, AZ.
- Resident of KaIser Mid-Atlantic Medical group Podiatric Surgery Clinic.
- University of Southern California -- 2008 (Los Angles, CA)
- Research Assistant - Musculosketetal Biomechanics Research Lab
- Brandywine Family Footcare -- 2007 (Coatesville, PA)
- Staff Assistant
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine -- 2007 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Research Lab/Gait Lab
- ACFAS - Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy - Chicago, Il, 2014
- AAFAO - Advanced Techniques in Skeletal Fixation of Foot and Ankle - Memphis, TN - 2014
- AONA - Basic Techniques in Skeletal Fixation of Foot and Ankle - New Orleans, LA - 2013
- "Assessing the Use of Ex-Fix For Offloading in Diabetic Limb Salvage." Podiatry Today, February 2012, 25(2) 22-26
- "Women With Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction Have Diminished Ankle and Hip Muscle Performance." Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy September 2011, 41(9) 687-694
- "Orthobiologics" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatry Grand Rounds (Nov. 2012)
- "Unstable Lateral Malleolar Fractures" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Grand Rounds (July 2012)
- "Perioperative pain Management" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Grand Rounds (May 2012)
- "Tendon Ruptures: Anterior Tibial Tendon" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatry Grand Rounds (Nov 2011)
- "Central Metatarsal Osteotomies" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatry Grand Rounds (Sept 2011)
- Pi Delta National Podiatric Honor Society (2011)
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges (2011)
- Temple University of Podiatric Medicine Merit Scholarship (2007-2008)
- Dean's List- Pennsylvania State University (2005-2006)