Philip P. Garrett, DPM, FACFAS
Alexandria, Virginia-based podiatrist, Dr. Philip Garrett, graduated from Miami University, Oxford, OH with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991. He then graduated Magna Cum Laude from Chicago’s William Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. Recognized for his dedication and potential in the field of podiatric medicine and surgery, Dr. Garrett was awarded several scholarships, including the Philip Brachman and the Durlacher Honors Scholarships.
In 1995, Dr. Garrett was accepted into the Illinois Masonic Medical Center Residency program for a 36 month period for his surgical and medical training. Located in inner city Chicago as a level 1 trauma center, Dr. Garrett trained along-side general surgery, family practice, emergency room and internal medicine residents serving as chief resident in his third year. He received extensive training in trauma, limb salvage, orthopedics and podiatric surgery. During his internship, Dr. Garrett completed certification programs for Advanced Lower Extremity Wound Care and study on the insensate foot, Internal Fixation specific to ankle and foot surgery, and ankle and foot arthroscopy.
Dr. Garrett has gained extensive knowledge in all areas of podiatry over his 18 + year career. Most notably, Dr. Garrett is known for his advanced skills in the areas of reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, diabetic foot care, trauma, pediatric foot and ankle disorders, sports medicine, wound healing, and general podiatric care .In 2016, Dr. Garrett was recognized by his peers as a leader in the Washington area in Podiatric Medicine by selecting him as one of the Top Doctors by Washingtonian Magazine.
As an educator, Dr. Garrett serves on staff at INOVA Fairfax Hospital’s Podiatric Residency Program of Northern Virginia, where he mentors the next generation of foot and ankle care specialists. Dr. Garrett is published in several peer reviewed medical journals for his research in the conditions including the surgical correction of hallux limitus, skin grafting in complex wound care patients, new technology for hammertoe correction and he is currently serving as the principal investigator for a prospective study on the treatment of venous leg ulcers with human skin allograft.
Dr. Garrett is board certified in foot surgery as a Fellow in the esteemed American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is also a Diplomat in the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and the American College of Wound Management.
Dr. Garrett has resided in Alexandria, VA since 1998 with his wife and two children. In addition to spending time with his family, Dr. Garrett is an avid health, fitness and sports fan. He remains active in the local community and local schools. He feels that it is truly a gift to be able to help people in pain return to normal healthy lives.
LANDMARK FOOT & ANKLE CENTER, P.C.
Incorporated July 16, 1999, Alexandria, VA. Private practice - August 1, 1999 to present.
INOVA MT. VERNON WOUND HEALING CENTER Podiatric consultant-September, 2001 to present.
NORTHERN VIRGINIA PODIATRIC RESIDENCY PROGRAM surgical attending physician for resident training- 2007 to present
- INOVA Alexandria Hospital (4320 Seminary Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304)
- Appointed To Medical Staff -- December 2, 1998 Current Status: Active Staff
- INOVA Mount Vernon Hospital (2501 Parkers Ln., Alexandria, VA 22306)
- Appointed To Medical Staff- October 7, 1998 Current Status: Active Staff
Podiatry Section Chief - February, 2001 to present.
- Habor Heights Surgical Center 125 Potomac Passage #200, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
- Current Status: Active Staff
- CARE FIRST BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD Professional advisor panel - 2000 to present.
- SCHOLL COLLEGE OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE (Chicago, IL)
- Degree of Doctor of Podiatric Medicine May of 1995 -- Magna Cum Laude
- Degree of Bachelor of Science in Biology May of 1995 -- Magna Cum Laude
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY (Oxford, OH)
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts in Zoology awarded in May of 1991.
- ILLINOIS MASONIC MEDICAL CENTER -- Chicago, IL.
- Primary Podiatric Medical Residency, 1995-1996. Podiatric Surgical Residency -- 24 mo., 1996-1998. Chief Resident - 1997-1998.
- A.C.F.A.S. - ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY OF THE FOOT AND ANKLE Advanced training in foot and ankle arthroscopy -- Chicago, IL, 1997.
- GILLIS W. LONG HANSEN'S DISEASE CENTER-- Carville, LA A division of the National Institutes of Public Health. Advanced training in management of wounds associated with the insensate foot -- 1995.
- ORTHOFIX ACADEMY - Advanced training in external fixation and Truelok fixation system -- Key Biscayne, FL, 2009
- AMERICAN BOARD OF PODIATRIC SURGERY
Foot Surgery-Board Certified, August 1, 2001 (Recertified 2010)
Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery -- Board qualified June, 1998.
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF WOUND MANAGEMENT
Certified Wound Specialist- Board certified April 26, 2003 (Recertified 2013)
- "Retrospective Study of 188 Patients Treated with A Bioactive Allograt (TheraSkin) for Diabetics Foot & Venous Leg Ulcers." Foot and Ankle Specialist 4(1): 29-41. 2011. Landsman, A., Cook.J., Cook, E., Garrett, P., Yoon, J., Kirkwood, A.
- "The Modified Hohmann Osteotomy: An Alternative Joint Salvage procedure For Hallux Rigidus." Journal Foot and Ankle Surgery 43(6): 380-394.2004. Gonzalez, JV, Garrett, PP, Jordan, MJ, Reilly, CH.
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons - Fellow, 1998-present.
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery - Diplomat, 1998-present.
- Virginia Podiatric Medical Association - Member, 1998-present.
- American Podiatric Association -- Member, 1995-present.
- American Academy of Wound Management - Diplomat, 2003-present.
Dong M. Kim, DPM, AACFAS
- Landmark Foot and Ankle Center, PC
- July 1, 2014- Present
- INOVA Alexandria Hospital (4320 Seminary Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304)
- INOVA Mount Vernon Hospital (2501 Parkers Ln, Alexanria, VA 22306)
- Habor Heights Surgical Center (125 Potomac Passage #200, Oxon Hill, MD 20745)
Virginia Hospital Center (1701 N George Mason Drive, Arlington, VA 22205)
- Landmark Foot and Ankle Center (5249 Duke Street, Suite 212, Alexandria Va 22304)
- INOVA Wound Center (Mount Vernon Hospital)
- INOVA Wound Center (Fairfax Hospital)
- Adult Daycare Center (5300 Shawnee Road, Suite 101, Alexandria Va 22312)
- Residency: INOVA Fairfax Medical Campus - 2011- 2014 Falls Church, VA
- PM&S 36 Credentials in Podiatric Surgery with added credentials in reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery
- Graduate: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, 2007-2011, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Undergraduate: Pennsylvania State University, 2002 - 2006, University Park, PA
- BS Kinesiology, BA Economics
- Chief Resident of INOVA Fairfax Podiatric Surgery Residency Program.
- Chief Resident of Limb Salvage team at Georgetown University Hospital Plastic Surgery and Limb Salvage Center.
- Resident at Indian Health Services in Tuba City, AZ.
- Resident of KaIser Mid-Atlantic Medical group Podiatric Surgery Clinic.
- University of Southern California -- 2008 (Los Angles, CA)
- Research Assistant - Musculosketetal Biomechanics Research Lab
- Brandywine Family Footcare -- 2007 (Coatesville, PA)
- Staff Assistant
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine -- 2007 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Research Lab/Gait Lab
- ACFAS - Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy - Chicago, Il, 2014
- AAFAO - Advanced Techniques in Skeletal Fixation of Foot and Ankle - Memphis, TN - 2014
- AONA - Basic Techniques in Skeletal Fixation of Foot and Ankle - New Orleans, LA - 2013
- "Assessing the Use of Ex-Fix For Offloading in Diabetic Limb Salvage." Podiatry Today, February 2012, 25(2) 22-26
- "Women With Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction Have Diminished Ankle and Hip Muscle Performance." Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy September 2011, 41(9) 687-694
- "Orthobiologics" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatry Grand Rounds (Nov. 2012)
- "Unstable Lateral Malleolar Fractures" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Grand Rounds (July 2012)
- "Perioperative pain Management" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Grand Rounds (May 2012)
- "Tendon Ruptures: Anterior Tibial Tendon" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatry Grand Rounds (Nov 2011)
- "Central Metatarsal Osteotomies" INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatry Grand Rounds (Sept 2011)
- Pi Delta National Podiatric Honor Society (2011)
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges (2011)
- Temple University of Podiatric Medicine Merit Scholarship (2007-2008)
- Dean's List- Pennsylvania State University (2005-2006)
Jamie Buker - Billing, X-ray tech, I-Walk 2.0 Tech, Surgery Coordinator
Jessie Buker- Billing, X-ray Tech, Office Manager
Samantha Yost- Front Office, X-ray Tech, Diabetic Shoe Tech
Cassie Pace - Front Office, X-ray Tech, Orthotic Tech, I-Walk Tech 2.0
Stephanie Bailey- Front office, X-ray Tech, Orthotic Tech, I-Walk Tech 2.0